Summer is just around the corner and the thought of that extreme heat that comes with this season surely makes you fidget about taking a short summer break from fitness, too. Right? After all the summer heat is dangerously too hot to go to work out sometimes. Here are some helpful tips to beat the summer heat so it will not hold you back because continue exercising is very important if you don’t want to rapidly lose what you worked hard for. Ignoring the heat can cause heat stress or worse, heat stroke so these are safety tips as well.
- Water is your workout buddy. Drink plenty of water before, during and after working out. This way, it will make keep your body hydrated and maintains a salt-water balance. It is also best not to replace water with caffeinated and alcoholic drinks that can cause dehydration.
- Perfect timing. Schedule your workout exercise during the cooler time of the day especially when the sun’s radiation is minimal. Avoid working out between 10:00 A.M to 3:00 P.M especially if your exercise involves outdoors. The “perfect time” to jog or run preferably is during early morning or early evening.
- Wear “summer” workout clothes. Pick clothes that will help you cool down faster like lightweight and breathable fabrics like cotton. It also helps to choose only light colored clothing.
- Don’t be a loner. Not literally of course! Exercise with a friend or with a family. It’s always better to have someone and it’s more fun.
- Avoid overeating. If you want to remain active, avoid food binging. If you can’t help it, you can take Slim Life 3in1 Eliminator that boast a revolutionary formula designed to support weight loss by suppressing your appetite for only $1.29 per day!
- Know the signs of heat exhaustion! Knowing the signs of heat stroke or other complications is very vital so you will not be in danger. Symptoms of heat stroke include:
- Throbbing headache
- Warm, dry or moist skin
- Dizziness and fast shallow breathing
- Strong and rapid pulse
- Confusion and/or unconsciousness
- High body temperature
- Nausea, vomiting or both
If you feel any of these symptoms, please get medical attention immediately. Committing to fitness is good but it’s always better to be safe. You can also take vitamins to boost your immune system too.